The government of India now makes it compulsory for the Indian citizens to update their EPF account with Aadhar card and pan card, aka, KYC documents. Therefore, EPFO made it quick and easy for people who want to link their KYC documents with the EPF account.
Updating your KYC details with the EPF account will also help in getting a range of benefits from the EPF account.
Steps to Update KYC Details:
It is straightforward and quick to update your KYC details in the EPF account. You can follow the steps I have given for completing the rest of the process.
- First, log in to your EPF account. You can log in using the link here https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- You need to enter your UAN number and the password for getting logged in to the system.
- Now, you need to find the KYC option under the manage section of your account.
- The KYC updating form will be open. You now need to fill your number, pan card, and other required documents in detail to get the verification done.
- Tick on the box of updation and also add your bank details along with the document and IFSC code.
- Once you made the changes, the saved changed will be saved under the pending KYC option under the account.
- In case, if you do not want to update your KYC details in your EPF account, then you can cancel this process anytime in between the 24 hours of processing KYC application.
- The KYC updated will be marked verified from the EPFO department after the verification. This process can take up to 2-3 days.
- Once the KYC is updated, you will now have full access to your account.
Also, Check – EPF Registration Online Process For Employer
Updating Contact Details in your Account:
You can not only update your KYC details through your EPF account but also your contact details as well. I am adding up this process in this article to make sure the people do not get confused while searching for contact updation in their EPF account.
- First, log in to your EPF account. You need to enter your UAN number and the password for getting logged in.
- Now, click on contact details under the dropdown menu.
- Your mobile number and the email ID will already be there.
- You can tick on the update button to change your email ID and mobile number in your account.
- You need to click on the authorization PIN for completing the update process.
- Enter the PIN, and your details will automatically get updated in the system.
Benefits of Updating KYC Details.
Once the KYC details are updated in your account, you can avail of the range of benefits, and even I have mentioned some of the benefits below.
- You can process the online withdrawal.
- Members also get monthly SMS intimations.
- TDS of 10% will be levied.
I already have mentioned it earlier that the government of India made it compulsory for the senior citizens and employees working under the company to update KYC details in their EPF account for availing the extra benefits. Therefore, I have added the process for KYC updation in this article. You can ask us in the comments section if there is anything that is not understandable.