The method of registering Aadhaar consists of a visit to the enrollment center, a full registration form, demographic and biometric information and proof of identity and address documentation before receiving an Aadhaar Enrolment ID registration form.
- The enrolment for Aadhaar is free.
- You can go with your Identification and proof of address documents to any registered Aadhaar Registration Center anywhere in India.
- A vast range of Proof of Identity (PoI) and PoA (Proof of Address) documents are approved by UIDAI. Check the following list of documents here in this post. The proof of Identity and address includes commonly Voter card, ration card, passport, and valid driving license.
- Possible accepted photo ID cards for identity proof includes PAN card and Govt ID card. Relevant documents for address proof are the latest three months’ bills of current/water/landline telephone etc.
- If you do not have specific proofs that are mentioned above, Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar’s Certificate of Identification with a letterhead picture is also considered as PoI.
- If an individual has no legitimate documentation in a family, he or she may also register when his name is included in the family entitlement record. The Family Head must first be engraved with the relevant PoI & PoA document in this situation especially in this case. During enrollment, the head of the family may add certain relatives. As proof of relationship, UIDAI accepts many types of documents.
- In the absence of documents, people can also take the assistance of the Introducers at the enrollment center. The Registrar will notify the introducers. Please contact the office of the registrar concerned for further details.
Overall there are three ways to enroll Aadhaar card namely Document-Based,
providing one valid PoI/PoA document, and Head of Family (Hof).
HoF can introduce family members with the help of valid documents supporting the Proof of Relationship (POR).
If valid PoI and PoA document doesn’t exist, residents can avail introducer’s service where Registrar appoints a person with a valid Aadhaar number.
Please fill in your details like name, date of birth, age, gender, address, mobile, and email in the registration form at the registration center. As part of your application, you also take your photo, fingerprinting and iris scan. If you want to enroll children below 5 years, the parent/guardian’s name, Aadhaar, and biometrics should be provided. You must check the details and make corrections during your processing. You should enroll only once. Multiple registrations result in rejection. You get an acknowledgment slip with the registration number and other information during processing. Correcting the registration details can be carried out within 96 hours of admission by contacting the registration center with a receipt.
Key Point of Aadhaar Enrolment:
- Aadhaar enrolment is carried out at Aadhaar enrolment centers only. There is no online enrolment facility.
- People can take just an appointment for Aadhaar enrolment online, https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/.
- Residents can apply for enrolment anytime as per their choice of enrolment centers.
- Bank related details are optional.
- The data of the resident is more secure and not shared with anybody.
- No need to enroll again if once residents get an Aadhaar by the UIDAI.