Nowadays, people spend more time on their smartphones than in reality. However, this is not purely for convenience and entertainment. Various aspects of life have entered the digital realm, and a smartphone is a fast train to get anywhere in life. This includes communications, news, e-commerce, etc. are included. Smartphones are a tool that helps you manage life, so it’s no surprise that every insurance company launches its own app. Aware of the diversity of smartphones, insurance companies use mobile apps as an additional channel to interact with policyholders. However, more than that, these apps are aimed at making the health of their customers better.
But people naturally wonder what insurance apps are available and what the future of healthcare apps in India is. Experts hope that the health insurance app will do a great job in solving customer doubts, thanks to the seamless integration between mobile apps, insurance companies’ CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and core insurance enforcement systems. Moreover, there is doubt among people regarding health assistance features of these apps like the face scanning among others. Here is a brief overview of how face scanning app and how it can benefit you:
How does face scanning determine your vitals?
Here is the process that face scanning in wellness apps use to register your vitals:
- The face is detected and analyzed consistently throughout the video frames. Consistent tracking of the face is important because the app uses the average value of vitals that pixels in the face region show to give a better result. A constantly changing facial area will lead to an inaccurate estimation of your vitals.
- You should check for changes in lighting. Assuming that the face and the background are illuminated by the same light source, you can ignore colour changes in the face if they occur alongside colour changes in the background.
- Face scanning deals with certain types of facial movements but other types are still problematic for green-based analysis (eg wink or smile). To avoid this problem, it is recommended that you avoid making too many problematic movements. This will help the app measure your vitals over a given time period more accurately.
- In the final stage of the analysis, a filter is applied to exclude any illogical signal information. For example, heart rates are known to range from 42 to 240 beats per minute. So,readings that result faster or slower than that are excluded by standard signal processing techniques.
Benefits of face scanning apps
Face scanning technology is a system designed to measure a person’s vitals using the stimuli shown on a person’s face for the purpose of health assistance. It may include thermal cameras, special temperature stations, and non-contact, handheld infrared guns.
The latest update in this technology is the face scanner app. It saves the trouble of carrying a thermometer or other instruments. All fever scanning technology available today works using harmless infrared radiation that reflects off a person’s skin and is read by a camera, temperature station, or infrared thermometer gun.
Some systems compare the subject’s vitals to a neutral reading, while others can self-calibrate and determine the standard vitals based on just a single face scan. Here are a few advantages that face scanning technology has:
- Because the technology is computer controlled and uses infrared and imaging technology, readings can be taken quickly, even for large numbers of people.
- All readings with face scanning technology are non-contact, therefore requiring little to no maintenance.
- These systems are flawless, so both experts and non-experts can operate the cameras, software and hardware easily and without much training.
- In addition to the readings being contactless and safe for the scanned persons, the operator remains completely safe from possible infections throughout the readings.
- Face scanning is not dependent on the scanner ambient temperature, so it can be used for scanning in large, medium or small areas.