We do know SBI is one of the largest banks in India with more than 2000+ Branches and 3000+ ATMs in India. SBI bank is best in providing the best in class services to the customers. Especially when it comes to digital services. To fulfill the requirement of the current digital trend. They are offering easy access to the internet and mobile banking services to every customer. In this post, we are going to learn about the registration of mobile numbers through branches and the updation of mobile numbers online. Check steps to How to Change SBI Registered Mobile Number below.
Do you want to change the registered mobile number associated with your SBI bank? No worries. You can do this without even visiting the main branch of your bank. However, if you have not registered your mobile number yet to your bank account, then you need to get it registered and get your internet banking activated. We will share all the details and information that you need to know and that will also help in the updation of your mobile number with your bank account.
How to Update Mobile Number in SBI Bank Account?
To get your mobile number updated with the current one. You need to access the following things of your account such as your ATM card, cheque book, and the registered mobile number with you. If you do have all the stuff handy with you, then let’s start with steps.
To change or update the mobile number in the State bank of India is using the SBI net banking services. You can quickly use online banking services for changing or updating your mobile number.
- First, you need to visit the official website of SBI.
- After that go through the login page.
- Enter all the correct login details.
- Once logged in, Go to My Account & Profile > Profile > Personal Detail/Mobile.
- Now, you will ask to enter your profile password to proceed with the next steps.
- Enter profile password and click on submit.
- On the next screen, your all details linked to your account will display on your web screen.
- Click the mobile number and then update.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your new mobile number twice. Once entered click on submit.
- Again, a popup will appear requiring your confirmation to verify the details.
- The last step is to select the verification method for the updation of your mobile number.
- There are three steps of total methods available to verify.
#1 By OTP on both the Mobile Number ( You will get OTP on both Old and New mobile no, and send an SMS from both mobile numbers. )
#2 IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM ( If you do not have your old mobile no. )
#3 Approval through Contact Centre
#4 By visiting the bank
#5 SBI Yono application
Note: Procedure is the same for all three methods.
- Once you choose any option and click on proceed.
- The next screen will ask you to choose your debit card.
- Then on the next screen, you need to make payment for creating the changing request.
- That’s it. Let’s have a look at all the three options provided above in detail.
#1 By OTP on both the Mobile Number (You will get OTP on both Old and New mobile no, and send an SMS from both mobile numbers.)
In this procedure, usually, you will get a message containing a one-time password to both your old and new mobile number. Once you confirm the number and OTP, you will be able to update the mobile number using an online platform.
You will also get a reference number along with OTP the only thing you need to do is send the SMS ACTIVATE <8 digit OTP value> <13 digit reference number> To 567676. That’s it. Soon the message is delivered the new message will come containing your confirmation detail of updating mobile number.
#2 IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM (If you do not have your old mobile no.)
After you are done with the steps mentioned above, you will receive a message on your screen.
“Thanks for registering mobile number with us. The status of your request is pending. Kindly complete the registration process according to the option selected by you. Click here to see the guidelines for process completion.”
An SMS containing “Reference No. for Change/Update mobile number is: UMXXXXXXXXXXX and your IRATA reference number are XXXXXXXXXX” will be sent by the INB system on your new mobile number.
The last thing you need to do is go through any nearest ATM of SBI bank. Swipe your ATM card, then select the service tab, enter your secure pin of the ATM card.
Select other and then Internet Banking Request Approval.
After that, enter the reference number which you received in the message. Then click submit. A confirmation message will appear on the ATM screen containing “your request for the updation of mobile number linked to your account number 98xxxxxxxxx is successful.”
#3 Approval through the Contact Centre
Once you are done with the payment via an internet portal, a message will appear on the screen.
“Thanks for registering your mobile number with us. The status of your request is pending. Kindly complete the registration process according to the option selected by you. Click here to see the guidelines for process completion.”
An SMS containing “Reference No. for Change/Update mobile number is: UMXXXXXXXXXXX” will be sent by the INB system on the new mobile number.
Soon the customer care will call you within three days working days. He will ask you the reference number which you received over the SMS and on the successful confirmation of the reference number. Your mobile number will get updated to your SBI account.
#4 By visiting the bank
One can update or change its mobile number with SBI bank by visiting the home branch. However, the process is a little bit longer but can work if you do not have access to the old mobile number. Furthermore, one can follow the steps given below.
- First, one needs to visit the home branch of the State bank of India. You can visit the nearest branch across your location.
- Please make sure you carry your aadhar and pan card.
- Meet the bank executive and ask for the mobile number updation form.
- After that, fill in the required information in the application form.
- Attach the self-attested copy of the documents.
- Submit it to the bank executive.
- Within 24 hours, your mobile number will get updated in the bank records.
- That’s it.
#5 SBI Yono application
SBI Yono is a mobile banking application. The YONO (You only need one) application is generally used for accessing mobile banking facilities. However, one can update the mobile number using this application.
You can follow the steps given below to update your mobile number in YONO.
- Download SBI Yono from the respective app store.
- After that, log in using the internet banking credentials.
- From the dashboard, click on the profile option.
- Then, click on the update profile option.
- You will find the option for updating your mobile number.
- Just click on the particular option.
- After that, enter the new mobile number and old mobile number.
- Complete the verification using One Time Password.
- That’s it.
How to view the status of our update application?
- First, you need to visit the official website and get yourself login to the internet banking portal.
- Select the profile tab and then click on personal details.
- A new page will appear containing all of your details.
- Click on the mobile number and apart from three update options. You will see three more options like status, cancellation, and more.
- Click on status.
- After that, it will show you the status of your current mobile updation application.
(B) Cancellation Request:
For any reason, if you wish to cancel your request for the updation of a new mobile number in your SBI bank account. Then, you can follow the above steps as mentioned, and instead of the view the status button, click on cancellation. After that, confirm your cancellation that’s it.
Frequently asked questions
How to change mobile number in SBI online?
You can change your mobile number in SBI online using the internet and mobile banking. However, one should have access to internet banking, a registered mobile number, and new mobile to avail of this service.
Furthermore, one can always check out the detailed guide we have added above.
How much time does the bank take for updating mobile number changing request?
It takes a minimum of 24 hours for the bank to update the mobile number. However, the customer will receive an SMS on their new mobile number once the process gets done.
Are there any fees for updating the mobile number?
No, there are no fees for updating or changing mobile in the State bank of India.
Is there any document required for mobile number updation in the bank?
Yes, you need to carry your pan card and aadhar card along to the bank for availing of this service. However, one can also look at the detailed process we have added above in this article.
How to update mobile number via SBI ATM?
You need to visit the nearest SBI ATM. You can swipe your card and select the mobile number update option. After that, follow the process given on the ATM screen.
State bank of India not only the leading bank of India but also the bank famous for providing all kinds of banking solutions to the customers. We do know that visiting the government banks and standing in a line is a massive headache. In this post, we have mentioned all the details that you need to know for the updation of a new mobile number to your SBI bank account online or How to Change your SBI Registered Mobile Number. Do let us know if you want to ask anything in the comment section.