We do get the habit of forgetting something valuable at a particular time. Something significant can be anything. It can be your login password or transaction password. However, today, we are going to discuss the same topic of forgetting passwords. We do know that SBI is one of the leading banks in the government banking sector, and it has more branches and ATMs across the nation. Apart from this, it also good in providing most of the banking and financial services to the customers. We know how important to keep access to internet banking as we can be in need to use this service anytime. In this post, we will be discussing how we can reset the SBI net banking profile password in case you have lost or Forgot SBI Profile Password.
Profile password of SBI is an essential thing that you should keep it safe. You can access internet banking from your customer ID and password, but you cannot use most of the services without a profile password. It is for providing extra security to the customers.
But what in case you forgot your profile password? No worries. Let’s have a look at the process to recover the Forgot SBI Profile Password
Reset SBI Net Banking Profile Password:
It is essential to keep both of the logins and profile passwords of SBI net banking safe. However, if you forgot the login password, then it would be easy to recover in three-step methods using your profile password. But in this case, you have lost your profile password, and it can be a lengthy process if you do not know the correct answers for the security hint questions.
From the security hint questions, I mean the questions which are asked in the first time setup of your net banking account. In case, you remember the correct answers to the security hint questions then you can easily reset your SBI net banking profile password. Let’s have a look at both scenarios.
Methods to recover SBI Net Banking Profile Password:
- Reset using the security questions.
- Reset profile password by visiting the home branch.
- Reset profile password using SBI debit card.
- Reset profile password using the SBI Yono app.
Reset Forgot SBI Profile Password (If you know the answers):
You can see that we are adding a detailed guide for quickly resetting the profile password. The first method is all about the questions and answers.
It means you can reset your profile password if you know the answers to the security questions, you have chosen during the registration of internet banking. This can save you time.
Let’s have a look at the process, though.
- First, you need to visit the official website of SBI and then head over to the login page of internet banking.
- Second, you need to log in using the correct credentials example your customer ID and password.
- Once logged in, click on account information.
- A popup will appear on your screen asking for your profile password for the process.
- If you know your profile password, then it is good otherwise, on the right down corner, click on forget profile password option.
- A new popup will appear on the screen asking the answers to the security hint questions. Whichever, you set up at first.
- Answer the questions and click submit.
- Post submission and verification of the answer you will be asked to create a new and challenging profile password.
- After recovering, keep the profile password safe anywhere.
Reset SBI Net Banking Profile Password (If you don’t know the answers):
The second method to reset the profile password for SBI internet banking is by visiting the home branch. You need to visit the home branch with the particular downloaded form and submit it to one of their executives.
This process is a bit longer. It is because this process will take some time to deliver the profile password to your postal address.
Let’s have a look at the process, though.
- Revisit the login page of SBI internet banking. You can visit the net banking login page by clicking here.
- Login using customer ID and password.
- Click on account information and then the popup will appear asking for your profile password.
- Click on forget profile password option.
- Then a new popup will appear asking the answers to security questions.
- Click on forget questions answers option.
- You will be asked to enter the branch code. Enter the branch code usually mentioned in your passbook.
- Post submission you will be provided with a reference number and a form to download.
- Download and fill the form and submit it to the nearest SBI branch.
- They will help you after that to recover the SBI net banking profile password.
Reset SBI Profile Password using SBI Debit Card:
You must be thinking of a quick process? Well, there is one. You can quickly set up the new profile password online with the help of your SBI debit card.
Furthermore, you can check out the steps we have given below.
- First, visit the SBI login page. You can visit by clicking here.
- After that, log in using the user id and password.
- From the dashboard, click on the profile button.
- You now will be asked to enter the profile password. (Click on the forgot profile password button)
- From the list of options, select approval using the debit card.
- On the next screen, enter the debit card details and click on the continue button.
- You now have to provide OTP. (This will get sent to the customer registered mobile number)
- Enter the OTP.
- You can now set up the new profile password.
- That’s it.
Reset SBI Profile Password Using SBI YONO app:
Last, it is the only option left for resetting the profile password online. However, this process is quite simple than the processes given above. You do not need to open a PC. You can reset the profile password with the help of your smartphone and the SBI Yono application.
However, your mobile number must be registered with the bank to complete this process.
Here are the steps:
- First, download the SBI Yono application on the smartphone. You can quickly download it from the Apple App Store or Google play store.
- Once downloaded, you can complete the registration using the net banking login id and password. (You even have to complete the verification by providing OTP, though)
- Once logged in, swipe right on the screen and click on the settings button.
- Now, go through the service requests.
- You will find the option to reset your profile password. Just click on it.
- Click on the “Forgot SBI profile password” button.
- You will now get two options to complete the process.
- Using the security questions.
- ATM card.
- You can choose a specific option.
- Enter the details and set up the new login password.
- That’s it.
It is kind of a headache to recover password, but you know what irritates us the most? Forgetting the important things at a crucial time. The same is with the SBI profile password in case you forget. However, In this post, we have mentioned both of the processes to recover the SBI net banking profile password quickly. The second process can be a bit longer if you do not know the answers to security questions. Do let us know in the comments section if you need to know anything else.